Are you a fan yet!

Quotes

Think of other’s as havening a disability as a gift from God to show other’s they can do something special.
--Jennifer Hoover

Try something new at least once
_______________________________

I firmly believe Special Olympics is more than just a program of sports, training and competition; it's a strong statement of optimism about human life.
--
William J. Clinton, former president of the United States of America

If people would believe in us like Special Olympics and see what we can do, they would be amazed. My ambition in life is to turn ‘no’ into ‘yes.’ If someone says I can’t do something, I want to prove I can.
Suzanne O’Moore, Special Olympics Australia athlete
It is the Special Olympics athletes’ ability to deliver and exceed everyone’s expectations, including my own that impresses me the most.
Peter Lynch, Vice Chairman, Fidelity Management and Research Company

"Share our similarities, celebrate our differences."

Special Olympics Athlete Oath

"Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.

Miley Cyrus - The Climb: Hannah Montana The Movie

The Climb by Miley Cyrus should be Special Olympics theme song. To me it means, for everything that comes your way; you will always have another challenge. You can find out your meaning for yourself.

From Special Olympics Fan Community

A World of Neglect

A World of Neglect
People with intellectual disabilities are every society's most neglected population. Nearly 200 million people, or three percent of the world's population, have an intellectual disability, making it the largest disability population in the world.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Mariah Carey - Hero

This song and poem is for Eunice Kennedy Shriver who passed this year. She started Special Olympics.

Eunice Kennedy Shriver 1921-2009 was the greatest HERO to us all.

You are the hero within all of us
For starting something so great
You changed the world for the better
We will be forever grateful for it
Thank you
I and all the athlete's thank you

For starting something that will last a lifetime
For without Special Olympics
I would not be who I am today

You will live on in all of us
And we are forever grateful for you
For without your vision
We would be the same world
As it was so many years ago
Before you started Special Olympics

I cry in your name
Not because you passed
But because of what you started
You are the inspiration we all need
To be the athletes we are today

I thank you
For having a dream
That we can all win

Being in Special Olympics
Makes all the hurt
From kids in school go away
That make fun of us
For what we are
They don’t look at who we are

I have been hurt
Just like others like me in school
Some I can’t forget
But Special Olympics
Makes it all better
For, they see you for who you are
Not what you are

For, if only all kids with intellectual disabilities
Could see that Special Olympics
Can change their lives
They would be much better off

Those with intellectual disabilities just want to be the same
As those without intellectual disabilities
Have a life they can be proud of
Looked up to for who they are
Not what they are

Don’t we all want to do something good with our lives?
Live out our lives as God planned for us
Whatever that may be

I know that’s what I want to be
And, do something special with my life
In grade school I would look at all the other kids
And, ask mom when I got home
“Why did God make me this way?”
I know God has a plan for all of us
We might have to go through some tough times
But, we can make it through the rain

The climb is long
But, we will get their in time
To see the founder again

No comments:

SOinTC Facebook Page